You need good tyres to drive safely – the state of your tyres can affect the steering, braking, and acceleration of your car. Driving with faulty tyres could also mean a heavy fine and penalty points on your licence!
It’s against the law in the UK to have:
- Car tyres with tread worn to below 1.6mm
- A mix of radial and cross ply tyres
- Over or under-inflated tyres
- Tyres with cuts, lumps, cracks, bulges or tears
- The wrong sort of tyre fitted to a vehicle or trailer
You should check the pressure at least every two weeks, and only when the tyres are cold. Even a short trip to the local shops will warm up the tyre and raise the pressure. Look in your handbook for the recommended pressures for your vehicle.
Tower Garage can supply and fit all your tyre needs. Please complete the form to the right for your free quote.